Friday, March 18, 2011

Simply Amazing ....

I'm reading all four Gospels as part of a personal time of preparation for Easter.  My hope is to see the Good News of Jesus through fresh eyes and let God show me the story in new ways.  

Today I read the first three chapters of Luke and I'm astounded at the simple obedience of the cast of characters showcased so far.  There was Zechariah and Elizabeth -- a couple too old to have a son -- who become the parents of John the Baptist, and of course Mary and Joseph - a couple who had never been intimate with one another [ who says you can't date without sex? ] -- who bring the Saviour of the World onto center stage through simple obedience.  

I wondered if they had any idea in their day to day walk with God marked by simple obedience that they were part of a story that was & is simply amazing?  

More than that, I wondered if each of us may be participating in some way in this simply amazing story through daily simple obedience?  I have a hunch that we are.  So, today, don't worry about being an extraordinary human being -- just be simply obedient to what you are learning in your Bible and by the power of the Holy Spirit and that will be simply amazing.

peace

Posted via email from Jeff Fuson

No comments: