Friday, November 9, 2012

For All of the Goal Setters In My Life -- this may just may relieve a little stress! (this time with the link to the article from Fast Company! )


Gotta think about this one some more, but I think he's onto something profound .... Jesus even said, 'What does it profit to gain the whole world and lose your soul?'   Matthew 16:26

So, how then do we move forward in life if we don't rely on 'goals' and goal seeking behaviors to propel us forward?  Perhaps it's to walk with God and to do the next thing He calls us to and perhaps it's to have a 'global sense' of who God has wired us to become and to lean joyfully and whole-heartedly into that future.  

I have taught this same 'goal setting' legend in many classes on success and how to move your life forward and yet I've found over the past few years I've not used that material much at all because it just wasn't working for me, either.  I simply cannot teach what doesn't work for me.  So, I'm not surprised by this article, probably more relieved and recommitted to simply walking with God as my primary 'success endeavor'.  

Enjoy Life More by NOT setting goals?  [maybe.  read the article at the link provided]

Jeff Fuson

Journey + Adventure + Community = Phos Church

Posted via email from Jeff Fuson

No comments: