Monday, May 5, 2008

My Best Buddy!

I was shocked!
My heart filled like a water balloon drinking from a fire hydrant.
Floored and awed and "HAPPIER than a tornado in a trailer park" as 'Mater would say. (you've got to see the movie, Cars!)

It was just me and my little guy chillin' at Starbucks because he was thirsty and we got a bottled water and split a mocha frapacinno. So, I asked him, who's your girlfriend and he just got a shy freckle-faced grin and acted a little embarassed. So, I went on, 'Who's your best buddy?' and I fully expected it to be Tristan, or Nicolas who he spends nearly every waking moment with, but his answer floored me and flooded my heart--he answered, 'You'.

Oh God, You know that we live in the land of God provisions, especially these days as we wait and wonder what You're gonna do with us, through us, and for us at Phos Hilaron Church. And, I'm blown away by how you have cleared every hurdle, opened every door, provided every resource, sent money from the strangest of places and most of all I'm amazed that you show me how to be loved by sending me a little freckle faced 'best buddy'! Thank-you.

Amen.

Jeff Fuson

No comments: