Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thanks to the folks at Oldham County Schools!

Tonite my daughter was awarded top honors as a leader in her high school and I was humbled again to know that God has blessed me beyond imagination with so many good things. Especially this incredible young lady who's graced my life for 18 years.

Jim Rohn has said that 'we are the average of the 5 people we spend the most time with' and I think he's right. For our daughter her top 5 friends would be hard to identify because she has friends across so many groups and types of people and she loves people. (they love her back!)

I think for our daughter she's also the average of the 5 biggest influences in her life.

I'd guess they go like this....
1. Our extended family
2. Her lovely mom, her two little brothers and me
3. Her teachers at SOHS, SOMS, and Crestwood Elementary who have invested time, energy and passion into her life.
4. The Youth Ministry Team and the people from Crestwood Baptist Church where she's been loved most of her life. (I was on staff there as Youth Minister for 18 years from when my wife was pregnant with our daughter)
5. The incredible God Chasers of Phos Hilaron Church who have dared to leave the safety of the 'known' and head into new territory to stake new claims west of the known off the edges of the map. This group of people has gathered with our family to imagine a church into existence that's focused on being on Mission with God and on being The Body of Christ in motion in our community.

If I tried to name individuals I'd miss dozens who've been vital. So, I won't try to name them all, but I will say that our daughter is who she is because of the input of dozens of great people over her growing up years.

Gratefully,
Jeff Fuson

No comments: