Monday, February 13, 2012

If you are out there trying to make something happen or to live into your dream this is for YOU!

Just saw an interview with Andy Grammar, a rising pop star.  He's a former street performer in Southern California who's recent song, Gotta Keep Your Head Up, is getting a lot of airtime.  What impressed me most was that this particular song was written by Andy after he'd stood out in the sun performing for over 12 hours and nobody was paying any attention.  He earned $10 to $15 for his entire's day's efforts and was discouraged.  His dream just wasn't turning out so good. 

So, he drove home in the mini van that he had borrowed from his mom and wrote this song to himself.  It will pick you up!

Anyone who wants to do something great will be faced with fears and naysayers.  Listen to this song and remember that you can accomplish your dreams if you don't let the bozos get you down!  You gotta keep your head up!  

It's interesting that another songwriter from a long time ago, King David, wrote a Psalm about keeping your head up where he preaches to himself in Psalm 42:6.  

I promise you that in launching Phos Community Church there were more days that I had to preach to me than you'd want to hear about.  Days when it seemed like there was no way and days when it seemed like it was all just a pipe dream.  

Everybody who wants to achieve anything beyond the humdrum of punching a clock for 'the man' will face days where you gotta 'preach to yourself' and keep your head up and move on.  So, if you're attempting something great with your llife remember that 'ordinary people' and 'normal people' will not understand what you're attempting to do.  You gotta choose who you're gonna believe and who you're gonna listen to!  

At times like that it's great to have a song and scriptures like these to feast on.  

And, I'd encourage you to move closer to those who do believe in you and your dream and to learn from someone else who is doing or has done what you are attempting to do!  

Psalm 42:4-6

The Message (MSG)

 4 These are the things I go over and over,
      emptying out the pockets of my life.
   I was always at the head of the worshiping crowd,
      right out in front,
   Leading them all,
      eager to arrive and worship,
   Shouting praises, singing thanksgiving—
      celebrating, all of us, God's feast!

 5 Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul?
      Why are you crying the blues?
   Fix my eyes on God—
      soon I'll be praising again.
   He puts a smile on my face.
      He's my God.

 6-8 When my soul is in the dumps, I rehearse
      everything I know of you,
   From Jordan depths to Hermon heights,
      including Mount Mizar.
   Chaos calls to chaos,
      to the tune of whitewater rapids.
   Your breaking surf, your thundering breakers
      crash and crush me.
   Then

God
promises to love me all day,
      sing songs all through the night!
      My life is God's prayer. 

Sing great songs to yourself and preach God's word to yourself and tap into His power and go live your dream!

Jeff Fuson

Journey + Adventure + Community = Phos Church



Posted via email from Jeff Fuson

No comments: