Sunday, June 15, 2008

I love being 'Daddy'

Just got in from fishing with the two most incredible boys in the world.  Washed the fish guts and worm goo from my hands and settled in for the waning moments of Father's day--absoulutely blown away that God loves us as much as HE does and that He allows us to live in this country.  I don't take any of this for granted and sheer gratitude pours from my heart all the time--especially when I look into the eyes of my children.  

Earlier today we got to play in the pool together and for the first time I can remember I strapped on a pair of blue tinted speedo goggles and enjoyed the view of our little man diving under the water wide eyed & joy-filled as we tossed torpedoes to each other under the surface.

This morning we enjoyed being at Water Front with our Phos Hilaron Church family for Father's Day built around a fishing theme.  Bob Laffoon, Randy Foster and Eric Foster did a great job sharing some fly fishing ideas with us and our oldest son got his imagination stirred so much that he came home and spent all afternoon making a 'frog' fishing lure from styrofoam and a plastic bracelet coated in green paint. 

God has blessed me with the most imaginative, creative church family in the world and this morning we had the chance to meet many of our homeless neighbors and I got to spend some powerful time with Wade, a former commercial fisherman from Alaska who had a breakthrough moment with God.  Butch Lewis did an amazing job of connecting and working with Wade and others who needed extra T.L.C.   What a great morning.

So, we had an incredible day all the way around.

Jeff

No comments: