Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thank You Note to Phos from Shirley Downing....


 On Jul 14, 2010, at 10:32 AM, Downing wrote:

Hi Meredith,
Will you please put this thank you in the bulletin for me?

I awoke this morning and couldn't help but look out my bedroom window once again, as I have been since Sunday.  My heart leaps for joy as tears run down my cheeks when I walk around my yard and see all of God's goodness to me and my family.  I don't even know how to express my gratitude, for the gift is so great.  Thank you my brothers and sisters for allowing God to use you once again to minister to me and my family. Now I can LIVE life and not just survive it.  God is so good!

                                                  ~ The Downing Family

_______________________________

One of the distinctives of Phos Church and the people of Phos is a willingness to dive in and get our hands dirty -- to tackle whatever needs to be done to help someone else.  And, I've got to tell you that seeing so many of you joyfully tacking the projects at Shirley Downing's place Sunday afternoon reminded me once again why this ride is so awesome and why I'm so glad that I get to be a part of what God is doing among us at Phos out in this community.  The best is yet to come and we're just now getting in the game!!  May we always be a church that measures her success by her sending capacity and may worship always include service as a pathway to loving God and loving others.   

Posted via email from Phos News

No comments: